Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Wonder Twins!

Chuggington, Chugga Chugga, Chugga Chugga, Chuggington!

Princess Aurora for Princess Cassidy!

These cakes where made for my friends' twin boy and girl. They celebrated their 3rd birthdays at Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland Hotel.  So it was fitting that both twins had their favorite Disney characters as a theme for their Birthday cakes.

Boy twin Dylan's cartoon of choice is Disney's Chuggington.  His mom told me his 3 favorite trains on the show so I molded each one out of fondant and placed them on top of the train tracks on the cake.  The sign with his name was made out of gum paste and placed on the cake with skewers.  The whole time I was making this cake I could not get the theme song out of my head I was singing it so much that it spread to my 3 year old daughter who would not stop singing it as well.

Girl twin Cassidy's favorite Disney princess is Princess Aurora and also has an obsession with the color pink.  I used a brick impression mold for the sides of the cake to make it have somewhat of a castle effect and draped white fondant all around the cake.  The princess was a Wondermold topper that I draped with pink fondant adding curled pieces of fondant all around the skirt.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the awesome work Eileen! The kids were amazed! They couldn't stop staring at their cakes. The details on the Chuggington trains were incredible. There's no way we could've found anything close to that quality. The creativity on the Aurora cake was awesome too. The way you incorporated her dress was so well thought out. The brick and flower details were the perfect touch. I didn't want to cut any of the cakes! All the employees at Goofy's Kitchen were impressed too, except for Cinderella. The only time she broke her smile was when she saw the cake and said, "hmmm... Aurora." LOL

    ReplyDelete