Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fun in the Sun!



I made this cake to donate to my friend's daughter's preschool.  They were having a bake sale to raise money for tornado victims in the south.

My friend asked if I could do a beach them cake for them so I came up with this cake.

On the side of the cake I free handed waves made out of fondant and placed starfish sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs.  I also molded some small flowers to put them around the side of the cake.

The top of the cake was topped with graham cracker crumbs to give it a sand affect with a towel and flip flops to represent the beach.

I'm happy to say that this was the only cake at the bake sale that they kept whole instead of selling by the slice and decided to do an open auction instead.  The cake ended up selling for $25.00 which went to a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment