Monday, September 26, 2011

Super Hero Cake!





This super hero cake was for Mark who turned 5 along with his twin sister Gianna (from previous post).  Just like Gianna, Mark also had a special request for his cake.  He wanted Incredible Hulks fist coming out of the top.

This cake was an 8" chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling.  I placed the Spiderman, Superman, and Batman logo all around the side of the cake.  The logos were made by printing out each logo and cutting them out of a piece of paper, which I used as a stencil.  I then took each stencil and placed it on top of my fondant and cut out each shape with an X-Acto knife.

The Incredible hulk fist was a little bit of a challenge for me since I am not a sculptor.  I attempted making it a couple of times and this was the best I came up with.  I ended up shaping a stub with gum paste and rolling out fingers to form a fist.  Then I covered the entire piece with fondant and smoothed it down to make it look like it was sculpted.

The mini cupcakes had matching mini logos to match the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment