Monday, September 26, 2011

Castle Cake for my Princess Carina!




I made this cake for my daughter's 4th birthday.  This cake was inspired by her.  She told me she wanted a castle cake and let me know what colors she wanted it, what flavors, and where to put her name.

I started out with a 8" and 6" cake covered both tiers with fondant and used a brick impression mat to make the brick imprints on the castle walls. I made the decorative border on top of each tier by cutting out a 1 inch strip and used a square cutter to cut out the indentations on the border.  The steeple was made by shaping out a piece a fondant and covering it with pink circles placing them all around the steeple.  I sued a diamond cutter to make the flag on top and wrapped it around a tooth pick to place it on top.

The door was made by using a bamboo impression mat and cutting it down to size.  I used a small flower cutter to make the flower accents and added a sugar pearl in the middle of each flower.  The vines where piped with royal icing around the cake and the flowers were placed on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment