Monday, September 26, 2011

Marshmallow Hello Kitty!




I made this cake and matching mini cupcakes for Gianna who turned 5 years old along with her twin brother Mark (who's cake you will see on my next entry).  The main requirement Gianna requested for this cake was to have a marshmallow Hello Kitty on topper.  Luckily I was able to find this marshmallow Hello Kitty lollipop at Walgreens to use as the topper, these suckers were hard to find.

Gianna's cake was an 8" yellow cake filled with fresh strawberries and whipping cream.  I rolled out balls of fondant for the border in different pastel colors.  I decorated the side of the cake by cutting out flower shapes and sticking hello kitty rings on the side.  I also cut out circles and added the number 5 all around the cake.

The mini cupcakes were simply topped off with mini flowers in the same pastel colors as the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment