Monday, June 13, 2011

Shower me with Tiffany Blue


This cake was for my Aunt's surprise Tiffany themed bridal shower.  The cake was an 6" and 8" square red velvet cake with cream cheese filling.  Each layer was covered in fondant and then stacked.  I made the roses, pearls, and bow strictly out of fondant. I used white fondant and teal Americolor gel paste to get the Tiffany Blue color.

This was my first attempt at making fondant roses.  They came out a little thick and I did not have a wire to form the flower around so I used a thin straw so the base started out thicker than normal.  I would definitely use gum paste next time or a gum paste/fondant mix for a softer look.  I used a 14mm pearl mold to make the pearl trim around the base of each layer of the cake.  The bow was 2 1/2 inches wide and placed on all four sides of the cake.

Overall I thought the cake came out good.  It was exactly what my cousins wanted.  My cousins did such a fabulous job planning their mom's bridal shower and the cake was the perfect accent to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment